Friday, December 16, 2011

How can Google get the street view of everywhere in the world on Google Earth 5?

Do they just take a lot of time to drive down each street with special cameras mounted to the vehicle or do they use a Satellite?|||Google maps the Earth by the superimposition of images obtained from satellite imagery, aerial photography and GIS 3D globe. It is available under three different licenses.|||They obviously use a Satellite.|||Vehicles with camera's ~


Some are still done with sat's ~|||They drive around in van equipped with cameras. You can spot them sometimes on the road. Unmarked white vans with a contraption on the roof.|||I've actually seen the google truck doing this in a few neighborhoods in town. They have a truck with a lot of cameras on it sticking out at various angles. When they take the picture it gives you a 360 view from that position.





I think it's stills and not video but I could be wrong. I figure they take a 360 still every so many feet to get the coverage.





I see most have seen vans, but the one I saw was a Frontier or similar truck. I live in the desert though so a van usually isn't the best way to get around due to lack of pavement.|||Yes i saw an unmarked car pass my place 2 days ago it was going quite fast i thought. it has a mast on roof racks with a gps antenna and three cameras one front left and right. I think they must employee many ppl our street was already on google streets so it must have been and update|||Technology can do far more than we can imagine. of course they are using and connected with satellite.

No comments:

Post a Comment